Thursday, June 17, 2010

Service


"Work is an antidote for anxiety, an ointment for sorrow, and a doorway to possibility. Whatever our circumstances in life, my dear brethren, let us do the best we can and cultivate a reputation for excellence in all that we do. Let us set our minds and bodies to the glorious opportunity for work that each new day presents."- Dieter F. Uchtdorf
This profound statement, is true. Working, staying busy and being anxiously engaged in a good cause, will help us overcome the trouble we are facing. I know that when I am down, if I go and serve my friends or my family it seems to make the day go by faster and you forget your troubles.
The scriptures say "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."-Matt 10:39 This is one of my favorite scriptures because it lets us know that if we are worried about ourselves we lose our life. But if we serve others and be Christ like we will find our lives in Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Elder Rose. I am going to use your quotes! They are great! It reminds my of the quote from Pres. Hinckley "FORGET YOURSELF AND GO TO WORK!" You are doing great. Your blog is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete