Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week of Trouble

So this week has been quite interesting so it was a good start we had the chance to go to the Buffalo Bills football Stadium and take a tour and stuff.

Then on Tuesday it seemed to all start our truck broke down on us as we were driving down the road as we were entering the express way, and we found out that our truck would not be available to use it for a week. And then I found out yesterday that my bike has a bent axle so I am not able to ride it so now we are on foot and riding the bus.........

So I am making a point to all of this trust me, so the lord has all sorts of ways for us to listen to him and to humble us so we listen . And I think that I needed to experience not having a car right now so I can learn to trust the lord more in his work. And I have felt that I can do it my way and not the lords so I think this is so I can learn what the lord wants me to do. So with out a car and a bike we will have to go back like the missionaries of old and get around on foot so that way we can find the people that the lord is preparing.

So it will be a great experience as we do our missionary work a little different this next week. So my theme for this next week is to"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5 . I am going to do my best to trust in the lord and i would invite all of you that read this to do so as well.


PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

2 comments:

  1. That scripture really tells it all. I think that is the hardest lesson for all of us to learn. That the Lord knows what is best for us all. We need to have the faith to believe in this and the faith that he will do what is best for us. Believe me it is easier said than done, at least in my case. I try and do it all my self. I need to remember to listen to him and do it his way. Thank you again for the reminder and the lesson. Hope this weeks is a better week for you. Love your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Rose, I hope it isn't too hot. Elder Christensen sent me this quote about trust. I thought you'd like it. "Everything on earth and of this world is so unsure. Who, or what can we trust? We can only trust truth. The Gospel is the only thing we have, to have faith in, the only thing that is not changing, the only solid aspect of life. We can put our full trust in this." Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete