Saturday, July 10, 2010

Power In A Book


"Regular reading of and talking about the Book of Mormon invite the power to resist temptation and to produce feelings of love within our families. And discussions about the doctrines and principles in the Book of Mormon provide opportunities for parents to observe their children, to listen to them, to learn from them, and to teach them." - David A. Bednar

Recently we had a change in our mission and we had a new Mission President(President Jack R. Christianson). Who has come to preside over us as missionaries. And one of the first thing that he asked us to do is to read the Book of Mormon, and to highlight all of the references to the Savior Jesus Christ. And the power of reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting the references to the Savior is a totally new experience .

I never knew how much power was behind the pages of that book until I seriously dove in and as our Mission President says " Drink from the living waters of the Book Of Mormon." And I know that as I have been reading this time and just focusing on how the book testifies of the Savior, and how it truly is Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

So I would Invite all you who read this, that today when you pick up your copy of The Book of Mormon, or would like a copy click on the link at the bottom, and then look for how many times the Savior is mentioned, and I know that as you do so the power in that Book will change your life. I know that it will cause it has changed mine.

FREE COPY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the challenge. I am sure that it will bring more meaning to our scripture study. Thank you again for your example and your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Rose-- You're awesome! I think I am going to have to try this out as well... Thanks for sharing-- here and in Church today :)

    ReplyDelete