Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Life in Wellsville

So it has been awhile since I have written  a post, so I am now in a nice small town in New York named Wellsville it has around 5,000 people in it. And so me and my new missionary have been trying to find our way around the town and the little towns around  Wellsville.

So I have had a good experience this last week i had my first time being in a branch that had about 20 people there and so it is the smallest congregation of saint that I have had the chance to worship with and it helped me realize something that whether there is 300 like some of the congregations that in Utah or 20 like the little branch here in Wellsville. The church is still the same no matter where  you are or how many saints there are to worship with.

I love being able to serve the lord and be apart of the great work that is going forth, I love the words of Joesph Smith:  

“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, ‘The work is done."


I love being apart of the work. 

2 comments:

  1. Your new area sounds a bit like the town of Colby Kansas. We have a few more active members, though. We average about 40 members on Sundays. It is true that the gospel is the same and the same blessings are available no matter the size of the congregation. Enjoy your new area and the wonderful people you will serve there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the gospel is true not matter where you are at. We need to all remember that. The Church is true. Let us live our lives that way too. Hope all is going well with you in you new area. Love your family.

    ReplyDelete